Meet the main character from my new book, Wear White to Your Funeral.
Character Name: Rory
Character Bio: High school senior transplanted from Atlanta, Georgia to Trumbull, Connecticut and currently living with her aunt after her mother takes a job in Japan.
Rory, describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?
- My best qualities are my persistence and tenacity. I fight for what I believe in and learn, by the end of my adventure, I need to do whatever it takes to make a situation right, even if that means stopping a murderer. My biggest downfall is my inexperience as this can lead me to be stubborn, not listen to my elders, and act immature.
What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?
- I wish people knew I fear failure and disappointing the important people in my life. I want to be a good student, good daughter, and good girlfriend. Sometimes doing this becomes a challenge, especially with my mother. We don’t always agree on what my future should look like.
What is your biggest secret?
- The ghost of the White Lady. I saw her in a graveyard with Bowen, my boyfriend. At first, we both thought it was a trick, but she reappeared and now I know she is true. I have to figure out why she is haunting me.
What are you most afraid of?
- That the ghost of the White Lady is a poltergeist and will haunt me, but then I realize she is far from the worst evil in my life. Humans can be more monstrous than evil spirits.
What do you want more than anything?
- To not disappoint people, especially my mother.
What is your relationship status?
- The first day at my new school in Trumbull, I meet Bowen. He’s the most interesting person in my life and now more than just a friend.
How much of a rebel are you?
- Growing up, I would have said I’m not a rebel, but Bowen changed me. Sometimes it’s good to rebel!
What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- Helping the police catch a murderer.
What is your idea of happiness?
- Being independent and self-sufficient, and of course, getting closer to Bowen.
What is it that you, most dislike?
- Being stuck in Trumbull, Connecticut. A suburban town with nothing to do but go to the mall or watch a movie.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
- Individuality. Bowen is constantly challenging my preconceived expectations and assumptions.